CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A 3rd Birthday fit for a Princess

Here is Miss Laney. She is now a big 3 year old! I know everyone says how fast time flies when you have kids, and boy are they right. I am trying very hard to soak up every day I have with this amazing daughter of mine. These first couple of pictures are from her actual birthday. The day started off with breakfast. She put her crown on herself and asked for eggs and sausage. Now as most of you know Laney LOVES food. So I thought it would be fun to let her pick her menu for the day.
We went outside to pick some flowers from our porch to bring into the house. These are the ones Laney picked.
That morning Erica and Julia came over to have a girls afternoon. We went to the nail salon and all got pedicures. It was so cute watching the girls pick out their colors they wanted.
Laney looks so grown up to me in this picture. I love it!
Pretty Jules smiling for me and being oh so careful not to move
And gorgeous Erica with that blond hair. (which I'm loving)
After the nail salon we packed a lunch and went to have a picnic at the park. The girls had so much fun playing around. Oh to have the simple joys of being a kid again. You can just see it in their faces.
After the park we went to baskin robins for an ice cream cone. While we were there Julia says, " LAney you need a napkin, you have ice cream all over your face!"
Little did she know this is what she looked like... Erica and I were cracking up!
For dinner that night we let Laney again pick what she wanted for her birthday dinner. She requested real chicken with a bone in it (which is a chicken leg) with broccoli. I swear only my child would pick that out!
I made Laney a small little cake for that night because everyone needs a cake on their birthday.
Now we are at the morning of her birthday party. Laney was helping me pick the perfect shade of pink for her Cinderella cake!
And her grand entrance... Princess Laney! My Mom made this amazing Cinderella dress for her to wear at her party. For months Laney kept talking about her princess party and how she wanted to wear a Cinderella dress but in pink. I told her but Cinderella doesn't wear pink, her dress is blue. Well one day Laney and I were watching Cinderella together and it came to the part where the mice and birds make Cinderella's dress. Laney says to me "see Mom she does wear a pink dress!" So my Mom ended up coping the dress from a doll we bought and it came out in perfection! Thanks so much Mom!
Here are a few shots from the party
The girls all lined up to play pin the crown on the Princess
playing pass the frog
After each child got out they got to pick a surprise from this bag of goodies. Laney was a bit excited to see what was in there!
Julia was the winner of the game!
Candy time
Happy birthday to you ,happy birthday to you! I love this picture that Justin captured. She is holding up her three little fingers telling someone how old she is.
Make a wish and Blow!!
And every fun party must come to an end
Thanks everyone who came to the party. It's so hard to get to visit and run around keeping the kids entertained. Justin and I want everyone to know how much it means to us that you came to help celebrate Laney's birthday with us! Laney, Mommy and Daddy hope you enjoyed your 3rd birthday party. You mean so much to us and we love you more and more with every day.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Yay! Hooray for the update! Happy 3rd Birthday Laney! Jason and I are so happy that we could be there to celebrate!

And linds, your mom did a killer job on laney's dress! The party was just adorable!

Erica said...

yeah for the update, and what cute pictures. Love the picture of Laney in her dress. SO sweet... the party was so much and all your details were adorable.

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness her dress is gorgeous!!! How fun! I want a girl!! Happy Birthday Laney :)

Jackie said...

Lanye had quite the day! I love the Cinderella dress mom made. It was beautiful! My girls had so much fun at the party! And your cake turned out so cute!

Brooke said...

Laney is such a beautiful princess!! So bummed we had to miss the party!

I loved Laney's food choices for her birthday!