CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our 5th Anniversary

On January 14th Justin and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. I doesn't seem like our wedding was already five years ago, but somehow time just keeps going. I have been so fortunate to be married to a man like Justin. He makes me laugh on a daily bases, he ALWAYS puts me before himself, he is so hard working, always trying to better himself and our family, and he is the best father I could have chosen for Laney. For all these reasons and more, I am one blessed woman! To celebrate our anniversary we had my mom babysit for the evening while we headed down to Huntington beach to watch the sunset. This is where Justin proposed to me and we thought it would be fun to go back to where it all started. We brought our bikes and rode them down PCH and pushed them down into the sand where we ended up parking them next to an empty life guard stand. Justin packed us salami, a cheese ball, crackers, garlic stuffed green olives and martinelli's for an appetizer to eat while we watched the sun go down. It was a stunning sunset and we were both so bummed to have forgotten our camera. The waves were a good 8-10 feet that evening, so it was a treat to watch the sets rolling in. We both agreed at how peaceful this was and decided that this may be how we spend our future anniversaries. We were both just so happy there. After the sun went down we decided to ride around a while longer. Our oringional plan was to go to our favorite hamburger place T.K. Burger. It's nothing fancy, but they have the most amazing burgers. However we decided to go to Duke's at the last minute. After we were seated and reading our menus Justin says to me " gosh Tk buger just sounds so good." I told him I couldn't agree more! So we ended up just ordering an appetizer, apologized to the waiter a few times for wasting his time and left him with a good tip as we were off to get our burgers! We had a wonderful night and I am so happy to have Justin as my Husband!

4 comments:

Erica said...

happy anniversary, it sounds like a perfect romantic evening!

Megan said...

Happy anniversary! So glad you guys were able to celebrate!

Brooke said...

Wow, time flies!!! Happy Anniversary!! I LOVE tk burger. Sounds like you both had a great evening!

Jackie said...

Happy Anniversary! The evening sounded so perfect! And Justin packed all of your favorite foods!