CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Festivities

We have been very busy this month making sure to squeeze in all of our Christmas traditions. I really want to make sure that I do all these fun holiday things with Laney so that she will start to remember them from year to year. I know my mom made all the holidays so special, especially Christmas. So I want Laney to have the same thing! Here are some of the things that we have been up to this month. Making a gingerbread house has always been one of my Mom's favorite things to do at Christmas. She goes all out and actually makes her house from scratch and cuts out the pieces. I on the other hand go semi-home made with a box kit and home made icing (because it tastes so much better) Here we are at my parents making our candylands!
Here is our house all finished.
Next on the list, a visit to Santa. Santa was visiting at the Bass pro shop this year and his Elves did a wonderful job transforming the place into the a visit to the North Pole. It was so adorable. I think this will be the place to go for our family from now on. While Daddy waited in line to see Santa, Lane and I sat at the coloring table to write Santa her letter.
Here Laney got to mail Santa her letter. She was so excited!
Laney getting her Christmas haircut!
A gift exchange with friends. Here are Laney and Jules exchanging gifts. It's a bummer that Paul and Justin were doing other things while Erica and I exchanged with Megan and Kristen over the phone. We don't have any pics of us opening. And finally taking our Christmas card picture. Gosh I'm exhausted reliving all the holiday stuff. More Christmas to come...

3 comments:

Megan said...

Yay! I am loving the update! You guys packed so much in to december! I can't get over what a big girl Laney is! She looks so grown up writing her letter to Santa! Your Ginger bread house is awesome! I've always wanted to make one!

Looking forward to more posts!

Erica said...

I just love Holiday traditions, and I agree with Megan, im excited for the updates. We will have to take Julia to Bass Pro shops next year, the place looked so fun.

Brooke said...

I loved your Christmas card!!! Laney looks so big on Santa'a lap! I loved her outfit!!!