CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Momma's day

I had the most wonderful Momma's day ever! ( I call it that because my Laney calls me Momma)
It started off with me sleeping in until 9:30, Yes, 9:30. Then when I finally did get my lazy self out of bed I came down to my family who gave me sweet cards with nothing but nice things to say to me inside. Justin also gave me a book that celebrates stay at home Mom's. It was really thoughtful! We then decided to go on a bike ride together to the doughnut shop and grocery store. We had breakfast and I got the few things I needed for our BBQ. When we got home, Jennifer and her family, Jackie and her family and my Mom and Dad all came over for a BBQ. We had chicken kabobs and Veggie kabobs, watermelon and macaroni salad. After everyone left, besides my parents, we decided at the last minute to go down to the beach. I'm so glad we did! It was so beautiful there. We took Laney to the tide pools at Corona Del Mar. She loved exploring through all the rocks! After that we went to Balboa Island and walked around for a while, made a trip to the cute candy store, then ended up at TK Burger for dinner. We were all so tired by the time we got home we all went straight to bed! Thanks, Justin and Laney for making me feel so loved and appriciated not only yesterday but every day! Also, thank you Mom for EVERYTHING and more that you have done for me and our family. We wouldn't be here today if it were not for you!Cousin's!
A family picture
Nana and Laney at the beach
Justin and Laney at the tide pools.

7 comments:

Erica said...

What a wonderful Mothers day Linds, did Jackie surprise you guys? How fun you could all be together! Did you get my Card I e-mailed you???

lindseyflood said...

Jackie came down for her anniversary and ended up staying a few extra hours to BBQ with us.

Yes, I got my card. Thank you so much!

Megan said...

Happy Momma's day Linds!! i am so glad it turned out exactly how you wanted it too!

Laney Mae is one lucky little girl to have you as her Momma!!

Jackie said...

I wish we could have gone to the beach with you guys! We had a really fun time! I loved the kabobs! Thanks for dinner!

Brooke said...

Happy Mother's Day!! Looks like you had an amazing day. Laney is getting so much hair, she is too cute!!

Dee said...

I'm glad you had a great day! The veggie kabobs and macaroni salad sounds so good right now!

It's really cool that you can bike from your house to the donut shop and the store! So fun, I love it! We've been biking a lot, but no FOOD to bike to, and that makes me sad. :)

Kimmy said...

I know this is late but I did see it! I just couldn't sign in to post my comment! I'm so glad you all had a fun mothers day. The kids look so cute! And you all coordinated your clothes...so cute!