CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 9, 2009

Hawaii

Okay, back to the trip...
Here is Justin taking a swim during our first stop to the North Shore. Can you hardly stand the beauty?
So I know Megan beat me to the story on her blog, but I am re-sharing to save the memory for myself. A client of mine was telling me about what I needed to experience while in Oahu. (she used to live there) She was explaining about this shrimp truck that we would see along the way to the north shore. Well we were all talking having a good time when I spotted it! I actually spotted it! Danny made a quick turn around and was very excited about this stop we were making. I on the other hand was terrified of getting sick from food poisoning. From the looks of this bus wouldn't you hesitate? Well everyone talked me into eating it since we actually found the place after all. It was sooo good! We ordered coconut shrimp and it was yummy! Here we are waiting for our food to come. Love this one =) Anyway, we got back in the car to continue on our journey when we start to notice these "world famous" shrimp trucks EVERYWHERE! It was hilarious! We just pretended that we eat at the actual one my client was talking about. Just taking a break for this beauty We finally make it to Waimea Bay. This bay is so scenic! The water was warm, the sand was soft and the view was picture perfect. While we were here Justin encouraged us all to go and jump off these rock cliffs that went into the bay. So, of coarse once dared Megan and Danny were ready for the challenge. I reluctantly went along not wanting to miss out, but was so nervous! Megan and I went after Justin. It was a total rush! We each did it a few times. I was the only one who plugged their nose and screamed on the way down! Hehe, it was a really fun memory and I'm glad I did it. Here are Justin and Laney getting ready for an afternoon swim. The Flood family foot prints Justin was trying to show Laney that sand doesn' t hurt. Think he got the message across? Spending a quiet moment just the two of us. Shaved ice at the north shore ended our day there. I think it was the best shaved ice I'd ever had. Mmm I can still smell and taste it. (Meg I stole this picture from your blog. my camera must have been in the car) Next stop, Pearl Harbor. I'm sooo glad we did this. It was a great reminder for me on what actually happened that day. You really get the feel of the attack while you are here. They did an amazing job at making this memorial and I was honored to get to go visit it. Love this captured moment. Megan, I hope you don't mind this close up, but I had to post this cute picture! Laney had the best time chasing these poor birds around all morning. I had been trying to get a good picture of Kristen and Laney all week and I finally got one! I'm going to end this post with my favorite picture from the trip. Isin't it adorable?
I'll be back soon for hopefully the rest of the trip.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Linds, I am in love with the sand footprint picture! That needs to go in a frame! Thanks for posting that close up of me...geez! Hahaha totally kidding!!! I need to get all of your pics and kristen's we all have a lot of different pics!

Love getting to see these pics! I'm ready for another relaxing week!

Jackie said...

Beautiful pictures!! I love the footprint pic too! What a great idea! I fel the same way at Pearl Harbor. You can totally feel the spirit of what happened there. Laney is the cutest! She looks so much like you especially in the last picture! I'm so happy you got to go and had such a fun time!!

Erica said...

The beauty is amazing Lindsey... I just LOVE the footprint picture, you need to blow that up and frame it in your house! Why didn't you and I go to Pear Harbor? What were we thinking? wait, I know, we just wanted to get a tan!!! And this last picture of Laney Mae is so beautiful, seeing pictures of her in this trip show just how much she is growing up! Looks like a great time you all had!

Erica said...

okay so now I read evryones else comments comments and see we all agree that you need to blow up the footprint picture, so the next time I come over you better have it hung on the wall! Oh... it would be cute in your laundry room!

Brooke said...

I love the footprint picture too, so creative!!! The last picture of Laney is ADORABLE!!! Hope to get together soon!