Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Potty Training in action
Yesterday Morning I decided that it was time to potty train Laney. We stocked up on lots of candy and stickers for her potty chart. So far there have been lots and lots of accidents and, as you can see in the picture, 5 pee pee successes. I knew going into this that it would be challenging, but I didn't think Laney would have a fear of the big #2. ( sorry if this is grossing anyone out. just stop reading) Anyway, I eventually caved this afternoon and put a diaper on her so she wouldn't be in pain anymore. She was freaking out at this point any time I put her on the potty and wanted nothing to do with it. I decided not to push her and just reward her for the peeing. So are there any of you out there that can give me some words of advise? Anything will help. We will see how she does in the next few days.
Labels:
Big girl Laney
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
When they are ready they are ready and it happens pretty easily. YOu did the right thing with letting her go in a diaper. I love the picture!
I agree with Jackie. If she wants nothing to do with it I would hold off until she shows more interest. Reese started telling me she need to go pee pee or poo poo so I knew she was probably ready to start. I had Hudson so I wanted to wait until she was really ready because I did not want to be on top of her asking every five minutes if she had to go. Hope this helps. Miss you guys! Can't wait to do a beach day!
no advice for you linds! obviously! lol. but...laney looks like such a big girl in that picture! and yay for 5 pee pee successes!! GO Laney GO!! ;)
I just trained Savannah. I tried when she was 2, no success, she would freak out when I would put her on the potty. I left the potty in the bathroom and didn't make a big deal about it. A couple of weeks ago (she's 2.5 now) she just started going on her own. She still needs reminders to go sit on the potty, and she DOES NOT LIKE to poop, but just yesterday she finally pooped on the potty on her own. When Laney is ready she will do it. You are on the right track with the stickers and candy too. Just put them away until she shows more signs of readiness. Hope this helps!
cute picture and chart!
How is it going now? I really don't think pressure helps at all. Just what you're doing. Encouraging through stickers and treats! When they're ready they're ready is true. Allie is JUST NOW potty trained but still having accidents from time to time. Dora pull-ups for outings but at home she's in big girl panties.
Post a Comment